Monday, August 15, 2011

when we go to the grandparents house...

My little Adriana is growing so fast! I keep telling myself that I can't give up on this blog.  These are our memories and the days are flying by.  The summer is coming to a close and I want to post some more pictures of our trip to my grandparents in July...

When I visit my grandparents there are certain things we can always look forward to...(besides seeing their lovely faces of course!)
a nice, crisp hike in the mountains is always in store when we are with them...
 the evergreen-scented air, the bubbling brooks, the excitement of stumbling upon wildlife.  My grandparents have always lived near the mountains.  It is a part of them.  The older I get the more I understand that...
 I am 100% an outside, fresh air, nature girl.  It is exciting to be able to share that part of me with my own daughter.
 a trip to my grandparents always seems to involve a family picture on a log... so here is a classic to add to the collection... perhaps someday I can track down some older pictures...

only certain people will understand the hilarity of this picture...a rare sighting indeed...that was pretty good...and that includes you too, betty.

 My grandparents live in what many call "God's country".  I believe it.  So much of the Master Artist can be seen through the beauty of His creation.  Many times I am speechless.

We decided that they live "beyond the great valley" from The Land Before Time? anyone ever watch that as a kid? or one of the bajillion sequels?


Their back deck overlooks a mountain!?! It was wonderful waking up to such beauty every morning. (that includes my husband. isn't he cute?)

when we go to my grandparents we can expect AMAZING food. :) the greatest of these being...
the famous.....Huckleberry Pancakes.

little bird had her first taste of these deliciousnesses and responded correctly by stuffing her face like the rest of us.


this trip to my grandparents included many evenings around the campfire.

 what's a good campfire without smores?
 unfortunately we were unprepared for smores and resorted to being "creative" which actually turned out to be very good! roasted mallow+drizzled nutella+graham cracker crumbs=...........
 Pure Yumminess!!!

when we go to the grandparents house everything is attached to memories of when we were little...
like these toys... my brother and I spent hours with them. And now my daughter is playing with them. Crazy.


Homemade aggravation board. I remember playing this as a kid!

when we go to the grandparents house....


time is always too short...

No comments:

Post a Comment